Samhita "Occupies" Valentines Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Samhita "Occupies" Valentines Day

I really couldn't care less about Valentine's Day enough to "occupy" it.

You probably didn’t notice, because like me, you probably don’t care that much, but Valentine’s Day is around the corner. My position on Valentine’s Day has always been pretty mixed–it bothers my cool sensibilities because I think it is corny, but i’m also a little corny and I like celebrating and expressing love and the politics it represents leave a lot to be desired. Being a single lady on the holiday that commemorates heteronormativity in it’s purest form, has not always been easy. It’s hard to feel OK about a holiday that is so limiting in it’s purview of the appropriate and authentic ways to express love.

So this year in an effort to push the bounds of that exclusivity that so many of us feel on Valentine’s day, I wanted to think about the ways we can rethink love and romance to resemble who we are, as singles, couples and community. Celebrating love is a beautiful thing but shouldn’t depend on if we are in a relationship or not, our sexual orientation, our class background, our citizenship status or our marital status.

• Have a sexy conversation by candlelight with your partner about structural inequity
    I really don't know if I want to imagine how that will go.

Occupy Valentine’s Day

Re: Samhita "Occupies" Valentines Day

Valentine's day is merely a pagan tradition covered up to be a celebration of an illusion. What is this "love" this writer is referring to? Love doesn't have requirements for you to spend a certain amount to appease the ego. You can't build a solid foundation on such fickle grounds. It is like trying to walk on quicksand. Such a falsehood this is.
    Almost

Comment

Re: Samhita "Occupies" Valentines Day

Valentines' Day originates from two of the most sexually perverted pagan festivals of ancient history. It doesn't deserve to even be called a holiday!!! I do not celebrate Valentines day and any man that does, deserves to have his head overhauled! Like Christmas, Easter, Halloween, New Year’s and other holidays of this world, Valentine’s Day is another attempt to whitewash perverted customs and observances of pagan gods and idols by “Christianizing” them.
      Last edited by Zuberi; 9th-February-2012, 04:54 AM.
      Greed is for amateurs.
      Knowledge without wisdom is a load of books on the back of an ass.
      [B]Scorn and mockery towards men in need is one of the reasons feminism is dying as we speak!.[/B]

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PokemonMasterTrainer I am an ardent anti-feminist who's been in college for 3 years and counting. I love Tears for Fears, Thomas Dolby, The Cure, Peter Schilling, Sandra Cretu, Arabesque, Gackt, and Falco!!! Find out more about PokemonMasterTrainer

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X