Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much of antimisandry actually consists of whining?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much of antimisandry actually consists of whining?

One of the most common complaints I see here (most commonly by female posters) is that this site consists of whining and woman bashing. The reasons why I tend to shrug off these complaints is because I view them as hypocritical and anti-male shaming tactics.

Hypocritical because whether it is sexist or not, based on my experiences and I'm sure a lot of your experiences, it is usually women that complain that we complain and women complain more often than men do. I view it as an anti-male shaming tactic because it sounds a lot like what feminists and misandrists accuse men of when we address our issues.

However, could there actually be a grain of truth to these remarks? If so how much of this site is made up of whining and how much of those allegations of our whining are actually attempts to shame men for addressing the pink elephants in society?

Re: How much of antimisandry actually consists of whining?

Anyone who is a mra is accused of whining-shaming tactic #1

Comment

Quote from outdoors View Post
      Anyone who is a mra is accused of whining-shaming tactic #1
      That's what I believe, however, I wonder how much of our accusations of whining are true whining. If we were, for instance, to go thru several threads and find accusations that we were whining I wonder how often we would find actual instances of whining vs attributions of whining to our legitimate concerns.

Comment

That's a good question.

Some people may think that I am a whiner merely by virtue of being here on AM. But I don't see myself that way. I look around me and see all the ways in which misandry and anti-male sexism manifest themselves, and I generally post about the "biggies" on here. There are some subtle instances of misandry or anti-male sexism which sort of annoy me, but I don't think they're worth mentioning here. I tend to let a lot of things slide. Unless the misandry is so obvious that one would have to be blind to not see it.

Comment

Here is the truth as I see it about women accusing men of whining. Whenever a man, any man, complains about anything he is made to feel less than a man because in the minds of most women a man becomes useless to her if he expresses his own agency. Women are almost entirely dependent on men's ability to provide safety and material security no mater what they will tell you. If a man whines it is like a car that is broke down and therefore is useless.

This is most especially true if you complain about difficulties you experience as a man. In fact women and society in general become very frightened whenever men, as men, complain and say that they do not want to carry the burdens placed on them. That is what is behind all of the accusations of whining about the men's rights movement. There is very little whining here actually. Most of what goes on here is righteous indignation and moral outrage.
          Last edited by rohara; 10th-September-2011, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Quote from Popadibs View Post
            One of the most common complaints I see here (most commonly by female posters) is that this site consists of whining and woman bashing. The reasons why I tend to shrug off these complaints is because I view them as hypocritical and anti-male shaming tactics.
            "Whinging" is a dismissive term used to belittle a persons complaint and avoid addressing any points or concerns raised. It plays to the stereotype that men handle their own problems, they do not seek counseling, they do not express their emotions and they do not meet in all-male groups to sort out their problems. If you consider how feminism would like to make sure only their dialogue gains attention, this stereotype seems custom made for their purposes. It means men can be portrayed as poorly matured children who need the support of the mature feminists. When you turn this around genderwise, when women converse it is a vital part of being a woman, it is applauded, celebrated and women gather to share each others problems contetn in the knowledge that this practice is good for their mental and emotional wellbeing.

Hypocritical because whether it is sexist or not, based on my experiences and I'm sure a lot of your experiences, it is usually women that complain that we complain and women complain more often than men do. I view it as an anti-male shaming tactic because it sounds a lot like what feminists and misandrists accuse men of when we address our issues.
            Women are innately suspicious of any gathering of men; some MRAs consider it is because they want to make sure the female viewpoint continues to have primacy amongst groups of men. I tend to think a part of it is women have a hard time understanding that conversations are not always about women. Men have other issues that don't concern women and don't benefit from a woman's opinion. Even if the topic is about women, they are speaking from a men's point of view, something a woman doesn't have. Feminism believes men have no opinion of women that is worthy of considering, yet they think women have worthwhile opinions concerning men.

From my exposure so far it appears men shape their environment with objects, inventions, machinery. Women shape the society around them with social constructs and behavioural inventions. Women don't understand or don't want to permit men to shape their own society because the default position in their social construct is women's society is more beneficial for women so must have ascendency over any men's social constructs.

Comment

I think if male 'whining' consisted only of fairness in divorce and child separation, domestic violence and false allegations, then everything else would be relatively inconsequential. But the points I've mentioned have become political ones, influenced beyond the recipient who understands deep politics.

I tire of an opposition who dares to be hypocritical.

If men craving of basic rights that were given to women decades before are deemed 'whining' then people need to realize men had a far more harder journey in historical terms. And the system is inherently rigged from the gynocentric cop who turns up on your doorstep to the feminist - trained judge who oversees his supposed transgressions! To describe this as whining or conspiracy is a very convenient and lazy mechanism which reeks of bias. It's very much a reality that hacks viciously upon every man's life which cannot be ignored.
              Last edited by Celtic Druid; 11th-September-2011, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Whining? None. Whining is complaining with no intent of action. Many of us are actively trying to change the situation - i.e. protesting. Some of us (including me) are boycotting - marriage, supporting women, etc.

Comment

Interesting topic and discussion.

I don't really see much whining also. May have been guilty once in a awhile. But how much? Hard to say. Hard to put a figure to it. So I find it negligable.

I think we mostly discuss and debate about the sad state of affairs and what feminism as a whole has done while trying to find solutions and answers.

If that is whining, then I sadly misinterpreted the meaning of the word 'whining'.

I see whining as something like my son telling me he wants this type of apple juice instead of that type of apple juice. It is still apple juice and good for him. If he doesn't like the brand, it becomes whining. He will usually whine when it is not the sugar concentrate when I actually give him the the best apple juice out there. It does not fit his comfort zone and taste buds.

I see feminism nowadays more like that. They care not what is really best for them. They simply want the sugar and spice that makes every one feel nice without the effort of having to lose all those unnecessary calories taking in with the best tasting beverage.

Every one knows fresh and no artificial sugar/sweetener, pure apple juice is more expensive and harder to get. Tastes great but not as good as the cheap imitation stuff. Much of it is convenience and comfort.

Most will whine when things are not convenient and out of their comfort zone. Few will actually try to make such things that are REALLY good for us and take us out of our comfort zones and turn them into an advantage for all.

I mostly whine when I hurt and can't do anything about it.

When there is an inkling of me being able to change something, I mostly go for it.

How about you?

Comment

Of course there is whining here, as there is whining everywhere. There will always be people who would rather complain about something, whatever it may be, than to find a way to cope with it or to change it.

That being said, however, I would say the majority of what I see characterized as whining here, is in fact not whining, but simply expressions of frustration about situations over which we are powerless, or perceive ourselves as being powerless.

As long as we live in a culture so strongly influenced by feminism, many times the only thing we can do is to draw attention to what's wrong. I may be optimistic, but the message does seem to be sinking in, ever so slowly.

Comment

Good analogy Nick. Feminism as the petulant, demanding and spoilt child that it is.

Certainly to claim a man is 'whining' is a classic shame and guilt tactic appealing to an idea of manhood sculpted in a gynocentric mould. It's core intent is to negate the concerns of men through shaming dismissal. It is to prevent the concern manifesting itself in social or legal policy. To deny the very rights of men! To make frowning upon men raising issues as a social inhibitor to change.

To deny a right before the idea forms upon the tongue! Even then they aggressively seek to secure freehold of your mind.

As I mentioned, most men are only concerned with key social, political and legal components which directly impact their lives. Highlighting what may seem to be the frivolous periphery of complaints is making transparent all the subtle social underpinnings which make the larger problems which men face, possible.

Besides, it's extremely difficult for men to attempt a justified whine when a nonstop chorus of unjustified whining bellows noisily from every feminist voice.
                      Last edited by Celtic Druid; 11th-September-2011, 09:43 PM.

Comment

I wonder how much the people that complain about us 'whining' actually contribute to the site in any meaningful way themselves. Do they take offense to the social ills of society heaped upon men or are they strictly here to point out to us that we need to 'man up' and 'take it'? Something that I notice is that the same people that complain that we 'whine' aren't deterred from showing up from time to time. If we really are as bad as they say then why do they come here? What do they possibly have to gain from being here if we're just a group of whiners?

Comment

I wonder how much the people that complain about us 'whining' actually contribute to the site in any meaningful way themselves. Do they take offense to the social ills of society heaped upon men or are they strictly here to point out to us that we need to 'man up' and 'take it'? Something that I notice is that the same people that complain that we 'whine' aren't deterred from showing up from time to time. If we really are as bad as they say then why do they come here? What do they possibly have to gain from being here if we're just a group of whiners?
                          Why do trolls do what they do? To get a rise out someone. It's how they get their jollies. Take it for what it's worth - a cheap thrill for someone else at your expense. Not worth the energy it takes to get irritated, especially when that's what they want.

Comment

I notice that none of the people that claim we are nothing but a bunch of he-man woman haters that whine about women have answered the question. Isn't this the perfect opportunity for them to chime in and speak their piece? If we asked them they'd say "isn't it obvious?" but then if we asked them to point it out that would be a different story.

I suppose that if we were to ask them this question and they answered 'a lot', 'most' or even 'all' of this site is whining and woman bashing then they fear we'd ask for proof they wouldn't be able to provide? Surely, they aren't liars, are they? If their claims are true it shouldn't take very long for them to find these instances and it would be apparent to all.

Then again, if they said 'sometimes' or some variation of 'less frequently' then that would expose that their complaints about us whining far outweigh the actual whining that takes place here. It would mean that the whining is negligible compared to their complaints of us whining and compared to the amount of informative and other posts.

So I suppose, if they answered how much and they answered a big amount they'd have to provide big proof that they can't provide. If they answered a small amount then it would seem like a waste of time and petty for them to even bring up our 'whining' in the first place.

Comment

yup
                              quit your whining. and man up sucker.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Popadibs I enjoy music, games, pro wrestling, and different types of entertainment. I find myself also enjoying the history channel... weird. Find out more about Popadibs
                              Working...
                              X